HEY HEY HEY HEYYYYYYYY MY FAVORITE QUEER DRUNK ASSHOLE POET TURNED 450 TODAY (and let me tell you, there is a lot of competition for the title “favorite queer drunk asshole poet”)
BUT as we all know, there is some controversy over who ACTUALLY wrote shakespeare’s plays!
so in order to mark this SERIOUS and LEGITIMATE issue, i have compiled the most likely theories in this comprehensive list:
- in julius caesar, cassius says, “this is my birthday; on this very day cassius was born.” on that same day, cassius DIES. guess who else was not only born on april 23, but died april 23?? that’s right, shakespeare. english playwright? or ancient roman ghost bent on revenge? YOU BE THE JUDGE.
- shakespeare married a woman called anne hathaway. BATMAN ALSO MARRIED ANNE HATHAWAY. have you ever seen shakespeare and batman in the same place at the same time??????
- lived in london? totally encountered prostitutes several times? probably spoke english? william shakespeare……. or JACK THE RIPPER
- uh, excuse me, an uneducated glovemaker’s son couldn’t possibly have written the 38 works of art attributed to shakespeare. please consider instead this picture of a cat pushing another cat in a shopping cart. you’re welcome.
- ””“”“”“”“”“president obama????”“”“”“”“” more like PRESIDENT WILLIAMSHAKESPOBAMA. wake UP, america
- ME I’M WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE I HAVE BEEN SHAKESPEARE ALL ALONG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FOOLS YOU IGNORANT FOOLS
DC Endeavour Morse » 1x03.Rocket
“Red and Berry”
Photo Series by Andre Villeneuve:
Steve Wickham’s famous “HOLEY HAT”, was bought at Camden Market in 1985 by the photographer Lynn Goldsmith who gave it to me for a photo session, and I passed it on to Steve who looked better in it. It had a normal black brim, made of felt like a regular hat, but the body of it, the trunk, was an elasticated tube with an open top, which could be worn, as Steve was soon to display, in many ways.
The obvious first thing to do with it was to pull one’s hair out of the top for a ragged crow medicine man look, and Steve did that with an undeniable sense of style. But there were many other possibilities.
In the second photo above, shot in Milan by Stefano Giovannini, Steve wears the hat upside down, with the brim as a kind of horn, for a heroic, mythical fiddle-warrior look.
In the third shot, taken by BP Fallon, he tries a comedic variation, pulling the elasticated trunk fully over his face. Good one, mate.
In shot 4, also by BP Fallon, he has the trunk around the back of his head with the brim framing his face, turning him into The Amazing Floral Man.
The last two shots above were both taken at an open air show in Galway called The Lark In The Park. It was August 86 and we played a short impromptu set. Afterwards we were standing in the park signing autographs, and a young rascal whipped the hat off Steve’s head and ran away with it. I’ve never seen Steve move so fast. He chased the guy and finally caught him several hundred yards away. The hat was retrieved to be worn another day.
Endeavour 2x02, “Nocturne” (2014)
wearabowler asked: The alpha/omega bit between Morse and Jakes “Didn’t you go to Sunday school?” “You don’t want to know where I went.”?
Dominic West & Andre Royo by Christian Witkin
Sam Thursday: You’ve come in, then. I’m impressed. Most of Pop’s it takes at least six months.Endeavour 1x02 - Fugue